- California Analysis
- Climate Change and Forestry
- Developing Countries Studies
- Industrial Energy Analysis
- IPCC Support
- Modeling Energy Futures
- Project Based Activities
- SEAD Program Analysis
Developing Countries Studies
IES group continues several activities related to energy use in developing countries and climate change.
- Developed international energy use data and emissions scenarios for the EPA report to Congress on Policy Options for Stabilizing Global Climate, 1989
- Organized and led studies of 12 developing countries on mitigation costs and emissions scenarios, 1991 and 1994 Special Issues of Energy Policy
- Technical lead for climate change mitigation analysis for the US Country Studies Program,
- 1993-9, GEF/UNEP Country Studies
- 1992-98, and GEF/UNDP/ADB Asia Studies (ALGAS),
- 1995-99. Numerous reports and five special journal issues AMBIO, Environmental Management, Applied Energy, Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies, Interciencia
- Supported development of national communications for China, India, and Brazil.
The first one examines ways to implement appliance energy efficiency standards and labels as part of the new energy conservation law in India. LBNL/ (CLASP) staff provides assistance to Indian entities.
The second activity focuses on conducting case studies on sustainable development and climate change.
Ongoing: We are playing a key role in providing technical assistance in major programs involving developing and transitioning countries.
- Blueprint for Energy Efficiency
- Efficiency as a means to address India's vulnerability to electricity shortages: A case study
- Implementing End-use Efficiency Improvements in India: Drawing from Experience in the US and Other Countries
- India: Energy Demand and Supply and Climate Opportunities
- Representative IPR practices for technologies developed with public funds
- Climate change mitigation: Barriers, opportunities and technology transfer